Sunday, February 28, 2016

Back to Acts

After two 8 hour flights, 3 continents, 1 Taj Mahal tour, and approximately 17 hours in a bus ( van ), at 8 am our team arrived at our hotel in Dasuyaokk
I. We had enough time (barely) to get to our rooms, shower, change our clothes, get back in the van, and go to church. God is good and has blessed us in so many ways with this trip... from on time flights, to customs and security being cooperative, to having a bus driver able to 'safely' navigate the roads and get us to each destination in one piece.

After meeting the team in the lobby, Pastor Daniel picked us up to take us back to his house for breakfast and fellowship  before  church. Elizabeth, Pastor Daniel's wife, is an absolutely amazing cook!  While we were eating, we could hear the church service going strong right above our heads. We went upstairs to join the service....absolutely amazing! 

When we went in, Wittness was leading the music ministry. He is truly amazing to watch. The  sermon was like  beng transported back to the time of Acts. These people are on fire for the Lord. 

Several stayed after to help us set up for the eyeglass clinic (which starts tomorrow (Monday). Because we were able to get set up early, we had Elizabeth and pastor Daniel go through the clinic and get some free eyeglasses! 

I saw some boys playing cricket in a nearby lot. Since we were done with our work for the day, I decided to go observe. As soon as I walked around the corner they stopped playing and scattered as if they were in trouble. I went back to the entrance to wait for the rest of our group. When I turned around there was one boy from the cricket match standing there staring at me. I smiled, said "hello", and put my hand out for him to shake. He giggled and shook my hand. The next thing I knew there were 6 or 7 boys running to shake my hand. I took a selfie with these boys then asked if they would throw me a pitch and let me bat with their cricket bat. They did. It was quite a moment. Not just for the boys, but for myself and the part of our team that was present. I thought I was doing them a "favor" by being friendly and outgoing. But it was I that saw and felt the love of Christ every bit as much as they did for those brief moments we were together.

Tomorrow is the beginning of the eyeglass clinic, so it's off to bed for the first full nights sleep in a bed for us since we left. You are all in our hearts, thoughts, and prayers!

Jason Urbahns

1 comment:

  1. So excited you are able to being your project tomorrow. Praying for continued health and lots of great work and witnessing tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete